Here they are:
- Writing poetry – that red diary went with me everywhere
- Burning written poetry – that red diary just went away
- Working for social causes – a positive channel for all that rebellious energy, but eventually burnt out
- Reading voraciously – anything except romance was welcome. I read everything from Dostoevsky to unpublished regional authors…
- Lazing around in coffee houses (Cafe Coffee Day) – with friends, so nothing exciting really came off it like writing a book or witnessing a fist fight (wait I take back the last one)
- Road Trips – there is something about an open road and a mo
- torcycle… just soaking up the warm sun and insistent wind till your soul feels as light as feather and you wonder when it will just slip away to join the clouds. Till you feel the world slip by taking your baggage with it, till a smile starts to creep up from the bottom of your heart… till a friend pulls up and grimaces at the stupid expression on your face
- Playing Farm ville on Facebook
- Rediscovering the love of writing
- COFFEE – The tried and tested method that has worked for me is to just unwind with a cup of coffee on a weekends (in UAE the weekend starts on Fridays).My hair looking like tumble dried cat fur and wearing unflattering pyjamas, I stumble out of bed and stagger into the living room and to the balcony it’s obvious he deliberately left a trail of coffee aroma. How does J manage to take my breath away every single day? Maybe I’m a sucker for his goofy grin and sparkling brown eyes, . You’d think it gets old or boring… It’s the one thing that tilts my world the right way up. Coffee with a heaping dollop of the husband.
So in retrospect, whenever there is a need to unwind people usually find an outlet. You know it is time to discover your soothing agent when you just don’t want to wake up in the morning and go through the day.
In my case it is on days like yesterday… there was no problem getting to work and all that, I just left my phone in the freezer – Go Figure